Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Munchies Monday: Pumpkin Pie Bites

Mini pumpkin pies? On a healthy living blog? Why not! I believe an important part of living a balanced, healthy life is embracing life's sweet eats along with the more nutritious goodies out there. EYC's first Munchies Monday post will highlight a fun treat to create just in time for Halloween or Thanksgiving.

One of my favorite blogs to read is Bakerella's baking blog. Not only does she concoct tasty original recipes and write humorous posts, but she has such a healthy attitude towards life. She executes all of her treats with the creative patience and talent of a true artist. Who could possibly argue that these adorable Toy Story 3-themed cake pops don't require a healthy amount of life loving?

As a college student, kitchen resources are often limited. I will often see a recipe and pass up on the opportunity to try it up because I think it goes beyond the capabilities of my little kitchen space or my small supply of cooking equipment. However, this recipe only requires few ingredients, an oven, a mini muffin tin, and good friends to help with the consumption!
I don't quite think I'm ready to create one of Bakerella's Mr. Potato Head cake pops, but I'm very glad I decided to give her recipe for Pumpkin Pie Bites a try last Thanksgiving. They were a hit with both my friends and family. Drawing the faces with melted chocolate was a bit tricky and shaping the pie crusts correctly took a few tries, but there was nothing difficult about sending one of these delicious jack-o-lanterns right to my tummy.
Proud of my success, I decided to email the picture to Bakerella herself. A week later, I was giddy when I received a response! I felt like I was hearing back from a celebrity:

Love your faces. They are so happy looking.
Great job.
Bakerella

Check out the recipe on her website and get baking!

What's your favorite pumpkin recipe?

Today's Recommended Read: "Kids Get the Chance to Grade School Lunch" (The Boston Globe)

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog, Jenny!! Thanks for sharing your awesome ideas and adventures with all of us. Yum! I remember when we made those pumpkin pie bites last Thanksgiving. They were adorable and scrumptious! xoxo Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious Jenny! And completely adorable! I'm sure they tasted even better. I will definitely have to try these at some point! And I also love following Bakerella. So many fun recipes from her! We should experiment with cake pops some time. I'm sure we could figure it out!

    ReplyDelete